Click "Next" or "Prev" to see the pictures, Click the picture to launch the album

Friday, February 24, 2006

Great Things

Recently I met a guy who I felt was unjustly deprived of something he deserved. Favoritism or whatever he deserved the thing that someone else got and I was sad and agry for him. Sad for obvious reasons. But his response made me a bit angry...
He said that he would not protest, but is instead happy because "God will have something good in store for me. He always has great things for me."
What I feel is that it isn't the thing that God gives that makes it so great, it's the belief that it will be great that makes it so great. Now, I'm sure that no matter what happens, even if he God forbids loses a leg or something as a result of this, he will still consider it great; he will be happy with whatever he gets. It may be enviable, but is it really that God always have great things in store for you? Isn't it so that you believe that you did not get something you deserved because God will repay you with great kindness and give something really 'great' in return for this. Isn't it the belief that makes it so great. No matter what happens, the events that unfold will affirm that belief. This maybe an enviable form of optimism, but I feel he should have fought for what was rightly his, because even if he did fight for it, I'm sure he would have gotten something great in return.

No comments: